Monday 25 August 2014

Latacunga

Hola todos

I'm in Latacunga now. Check out the view from my hostel roof:


And here's a church in the main square, from whence came a funeral earlier:


Which I took as a bad sign, but these things happen all the time. A man came to talk to me as I sat there writing, he wanted to know where I was from and what I studied at university. This made a change - seemingly he wasn't interested in marital status or number of children. I felt a bit like I was in a Gabriel Garcia Marquez novel with the old man with no teeth (seemingly a theme in this town) chatting to me and the funeral procession marching slowly along, accompanied by trumpets and drums. I accidentally caught up with the procession about 20 minutes later when I found myself at the cemetery - another strange sign I thought but quite beautiful and foreboding all at once (I didn't photo the procession in case this is bad taste):


I'm going to keep this blog short in case the technical hitch occurs again whilst trying to post it. 

Tomorrow I'm going to see volcano Cotopaxi which is potentially exciting. X





No comments:

Post a Comment